Lockheed Martin Interceptor Hardware Redesign SR PM in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The UTIAMD Development Program Area is responsible for the execution of THAAD Weapon System and Component design, development, integration and test inclusive of expanded UTIAMD developments, follow-on and R&D efforts for UTIAMD Programs. Development efforts include, but are not limited to, development of future Weapon System capabilities, incremental product changes, redesigns and changes due to obsolescence, increased performance capability, cost reduction initiatives, technology insertion, and changes in response to an expanded target space.
As the Sr. Program Manager the selected candidate will assume full lifecycle development responsibility including Control Account Management (CAM) of the various work packages, management of cost and schedule performance, risk and opportunity management, daily program execution and engagement with program leadership and direct briefings to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) customer.
This position will be responsible for managing the Communication Transponder Redesign (CT-R) development program. The objective of the product redesign is to mitigate obsolescence while enhancing the product’s architecture to provide additional capability to the war fighter. The Sr. PM is responsible for managing all aspects of the program including technical, cost, and schedule while working across multiple Lockheed Martin business areas. Integrated system testing of the updated product will be performed with coordination across the THAAD program, key suppliers and test ranges.
This position will also be responsible for oversight of other Interceptor activities, as required, directly supporting the Interceptor Development Senior Program Manager.
• 12+ years of experience with development of defensive interceptors and associated technologies (propulsion, electro-optics, avionics, structures, ordnance, communications)
• Minimum of 5 years leadership experience, with recent experience running large teams comprised of Lockheed Martin labor and subcontractors
• Demonstrated program management or subcontract management experience; experience working with supply chain management to ensure product meets quality, cost and schedule requirements
• Demonstrated Earned Value Management (EVM) experience with direct experience with Integrated Master Schedules
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• DOD Secret Clearance
• Experience working with the Missile Defense Agency, US Army or Department of Defense or equivalent complex, multi-tiered customer organization
• Experience in Foreign Military Sales
• Familiarity with technology readiness levels (TRLs) and technology development and insertion
• Experience in all aspects of Development lifecycle (requirements development, design, flight test, qualification, verification, and product delivery)
• Demonstrated ability to formulate & execute corrective actions and recovery plans as required.
• Experience identifying and managing programs risks; Experience formulating risk burn down plans and ensures incorporation into project/program plans and schedules; Experience with risk tools to manage projects/programs.
• Support to Prime Proposal development and prime / supplier negotiations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.