Abraxas Corporation Configuration Management Specialist in Huntsville, Alabama
Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Provides and implements configuration management requirements, as defined by Cubic procedures and contract requirements. Establishes and maintains configuration control during the life of the product for a major program/product line. Writes Configuration Management Plan, sets up electronic repositories, Provides configuration management and audit plans, co-chairs Change Board, interfaces with the customers, and co-chairs configuration audits. Assists in the coordination, planning and implementation of continuous process improvements to CM procedures. Acts as back up for the CM Manager. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs configuration management duties by implementing the objectives, policies, and procedures of the Configuration Management Group and ensures compliance with contractual configuration management requirements
• Implements configuration management processes using enabling technology for control, change control, and release of configuration items
• Prepares configuration management plans which define Cubic's methods to comply with contractual and commercial, military and international configuration management requirements
• Prepares configuration audit plans for customer approval. Co-chairs configuration audits and provides all configuration data necessary to support an audit. Documents audit action items
• Responsible for co-chairing Change Board, and creating and distributing agendas and minutes. Advises and provides guidance concerning configuration management issues to Program Management and Change Board
• Prepares cost proposals and written proposals defining Cubic’s procedures for configuration control for new business. Provides support on new business proposals, including the coordination from others within the CM department and cost estimate inputs
• Participates in internal and customer program reviews by providing configuration project status, making presentations and interfacing with the customer
• Assists in the preparation/modification/continuous process improvement of configuration management procedures and company policies and procedures pertaining to configuration management
• Performs or oversees and reviews the monthly standardized measurements
• Establishes and maintains software baseline definition, labeling, identification and release
• Documents the version description and other configuration management data as needed
• Assesses the various versions/releases of designated software through inspection and research
• Receives products from authorized sources. Verifies for completeness and places under control software, documentation and other items. Updates database and tracks location of configuration items
• Generates status accounting reports as required
• Provides leadership and direction to lower level employees
• Prepares status and estimates-for-completion for assigned programs
• Performs duties as cost account manager when assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration or related field, plus six years’ experience in all areas of configuration management. Requires comprehensive knowledge of engineering drawings, release and change control procedures using military, commercial and international standards as they pertain to configuration management and documentation. Must be capable of defining and working to contractual requirements. Must have the ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of management and customer representatives. Ability to make good configuration management decisions with minimal supervision. Experience with process improvement desirable. Must be able to complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Capable of working at a computer terminal (work station) for extended periods. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with technical employees, management and customers. May require domestic and foreign travel. Security clearance may be required.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: