Kelly Services Quality Assurance Engineer - TC in Houston, Texas
Fieldglass: Job Posting
Core Responsibilities: Supplier Quality Lead, US/CA
• The Supplier Quality Lead will report to the Manager of Material Management, Warehousing & Supplier Performance to stand-up a project specific Supplier Quality team/program; for Major Project Supplier Quality monitoring on TC Energy KXL project.
• Collaborate with the Technical Center, Project Management, Engineering, Materials Management, and Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development. Primary areas of focus will be supplier auditing, qualification, continuous improvement and supplier change request resolution.
• Work in coordination with 3PI suppliers to innovate modernize shop level inspections, including remote/virtual solutions which take into account todays challenging travel restrictions
• Improve Supplier Quality performance for assigned suppliers through Quality Plan implementation.
• Review and approval of third-party inspectors prior to assigning work assignments.
• Ensure timely receipt of shop inspectors reports.
• Develop and issue shop inspection assignments making sure the assignment package is complete and thorough.
• Work internally and with the shop inspector to ensure correct resolution of NCR’s.
• Work internally and with the shop inspector to address other technical related matters needing resolution.
• Ensure correct internal distribution of inspection reports.
• Communication with internal stakeholders to ensure awareness of quality matters.
• Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the OFI /NCR processes.
• Assure supplier compliance to regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
• Collaborate with internal Stakeholders to drive Quality requirements that ensures quality outcomes.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude: strong background in interpretation of drawings/ specifications, and manufacturing process planning / evaluation
• ASNT- TC 1 A NDE qualification level 1 or 2.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance to regulatory and industry requirements
• Direct experience in supplier technical development or supplier quality development
• Excellent communicator and collaborator who can influence at all levels of the organization
• Earned a Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality Assurance.
• Effective problem solver, with the skills to lead Root Cause investigations and influence others cross-functionally.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
• Desire and ability to travel 40% of the time
• Proactive, self-driven, results seeking and enthusiastic intensity
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.