Oceaneering Marketing Technical Writer (Contract) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Technical Writer will conceptualize, structure, write, and present strategic and compelling content for internal and external audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create content that is engaging, accurate, and appropriate for various audiences in the form of customer success stories, technical articles, banners, brochures, data sheets, presentations, etc. for a range of diverse channels
- Lead proofreading, fact-checking, and editing processes for various marketing materials
- Interview Subject Matter Experts to fully capture technical stories for products and services
- Facilitate interaction between multiple stakeholder groups through use of superior interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to develop and maintain proper messaging, branding, and consistency for Oceaneering.com, internal employee communications, and marketing campaigns
- Must meet tight deadlines to respond quickly to market opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field with emphasis on writing and communication skills
- At least three (3) to five (5) years of solid marketing and technical writing experience required (oil and gas experience required) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have portfolio showcasing diverse technical writing experience including technology-related stories as well as case studies, customer success stories, customer testimonials, and/or case histories
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex product features and turn them into concise but thorough documentation
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps, WordPress, or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Marketing Technical Writer (Contract)
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13346
Full/Part Time: Full-Time