Schlumberger Floorhand in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston - United States
The Floorhand provides manual labor to operate tongs and other wrenches for making up or breaking out joints of pipe, set and pull slips, stab pipe and perform other tasks necessary to drill a well. Assists the Driller in the operation of the drill floor including drawworks, mud circulating system, rotary system handling tools and BOP equipment. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Participate in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the drilling crew.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Maintains all equipment in good and safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Participates as part of well control team during shut-in procedures.Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
- Keeps drill floor and tools clean and organized.
- Operate air hoist, pipe spinner, or iron roughneck when applicable.
- Perform preventive and planned maintenance on drilling equipment.
- Assist in repair of drilling equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driller or Derrickhand such as mixing mud, assist in slipping and cutting of drilling line, preparing casing, etc.
- Assist and replace Derrickhand and Roustabout accordingly.
- Assists in specialized tasks such as rigging up, nippling up, running casing or other tasks as directed by the driller.
- Prepare for and trip pipe.
- Recognize basic warning signs of kick.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Minimum 1 year field experience with similar equipment on a land drilling rig as Floorhand or Derrickhand.
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.