PPD Sales Training Manager - Home based in Horsham, Pennsylvania
The Sales Training Manager will be responsible for the training and development of Business Development personnel for assigned business unit within the commercial organization. Develop, design and manage the implementation of BD training programs for assigned business unit. Oversee the onboarding, new hire and sales mentoring programs. Continually assess BD management gaps to help salesforce better perform when necessary.
- Develops, plans and trains newly hired sales personnel in all phases of training for assigned business unit.
- Leads and manages the development of all curriculum development of all business unit training and development programs that include, but are not limited to, key messaging, territory analysis, internal systems, internal personal, product information, competitive products, marketplaces, selling skills, and sales management skills.
- Develops training agendas and schedules for assigned commercial business unit.
- Creates all materials, manuals, learning systems for commercial business unit. Keeps all sales training materials up to date.
- Develops quarterly field assessments with business unit commercial leaders to determine team training needs.
- Provides BD with the training materials necessary to prepare for home study/on-line programs and formal training programs.
- Coordinates with other sales training team members on implementing overall commercial sales training strategy, programs and meetings including the global sales kickoff
- Acts as a liaison to Marketing, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations and all departments to coordinate all training for Business Development.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid consultancy skills and ability to positively influence business outcomes
- Strong coaching skills and ability to deliver concisely and with composure and accuracy
- Experienced in the ability to translate complex issues into actionable and comprehendible business solutions
- In-depth knowledge of various sales training methodology
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, virtual training delivery platforms, and various learning design and development software
- Experienced in developing and delivering training on services, and solutions in a collaborative and cross-functional global environment, with an understanding of the user perspective
- Proficient in using oral presentation and written communication skills to inform and influence strategic decisions and outcomes
- Close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills to deliver high quality work within project timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements including infectious agents typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Job: *Sales and Business Development
Organization: *US BU
Title: Sales Training Manager - Home based
Location: NC-Morrisville-Morrisville NC 3900 Paramount
Requisition ID: 202853
Other Locations: US-NC-Wilmington-Wilmington NC HQ, US-PA-Horsham-Horsham PA 2 Walnut Dr Ste 375, US-MD-Bethesda-Bethesda MD
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group