Raytheon Technologies Communications Network Engineer (VOIP) in Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Communications Network (VOIP) Engineer in the Herndon, VA area to work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of the U.S. Government providing technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Excellent background designing and implementing Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
• Experience with Voice and Video technologies
• Experience configuring and trouble-shooting LAN Switches, Routers, and Firewalls and VPN concentrators
• Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel
• Experience in authoring documents (reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
• Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and meet client requirements
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Must have knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching, and network architecture planning
• Must have knowledge of remote administration and secure Virtual Private Networking
• Understanding of commercial encryption standards and their application in IP networking
• Must have knowledge of VPN technologies, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IP Multicasting
• Must have knowledge of voice and video solutions to include Cisco, Polycom, and Avaya configuration management and endpoint management including SIP and H.323 protocols.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience designing communications systems
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within small and large groups
• Capable of preparing and presenting briefings
• Experience with Microsoft Office product line, including Microsoft Access; experience with Lotus Notes
• Knowledge of Cisco and PolyCom VTC technology
• Understanding of Private Branch Exchange telephony
• Ability to navigate and configure Linux operating systems
• Understanding of wired data transport mediums to include Category 5e/6 and fiber optics.
• Prior deployment to foreign field areas in support of customer mission
• Prior experience communicating official traffic in the customer Electronic Messaging System (EMS)
• Certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, MCSE
• Familiar with military communications
• Familiar with satellite and wireless communications
• A current diplomatic passport and willingness to travel
• Certifications, CISCO Video, Polycom, or equivalent certifications are highly desired
• Up to 10% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required based on customer needs
• Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required based on customer needs
• Eight (8)+ years of direct relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.192923
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.