LifePoint Health Certified Medical Assistant - Ortho in Henderson, North Carolina
Maria Parham Health
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. With 205 licensed beds, Maria Parham Health is equipped for every health care need one can encounter. We are fully licensed by Joint Commission, the College of American Pathologists, and Rated Highest In-Patient Safety from Leapfrog.
Where We Are:
Henderson offers a great outdoors, including the region’s largest lake, providing endless hours of fun boating, fishing, skiing and camping. Throw in great golfing, hunting and two fantastic recreational organizations and you may find yourself having a hard time deciding what to do next!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off, PTO cash out, and PTO donation programs
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Robust employee recognition and awards programs
· And much more…
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
Reports to:Practice Manager
Responsibilities of the Position**
• Interview patients and document basic medical history. • Organize and schedule appointments. • Update and file medical records and insurance reports. • Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services. • Check with patients and type up patients charts. • Assist during medical examinations/draw up injections and medications. • Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms. • Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records. • Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments.
Completion of a Medical Assistant (CMA)/Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)/Registered Medical Assistant program is required.
Active Certified/Registered Medical Assistant certification is required. Basic Life Support (BLS) though the American Heart Association is required.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure • Proven working experience as a medical assistant or license practical nurse. • Knowledge of medical office/license practical nurse management systems and procedures. • Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and priorities work. • Social perceptiveness and service oriented. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Strong organizational and planning skills. • Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software. • Any other duties assigned by management or physician.
Maria Parham Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job: *Nursing/Medical Assistant
Organization: *Maria Parham Phy Practices
Title: Certified Medical Assistant - Ortho
Requisition ID: 7460-8749