TEKsystems IT Support Specialist in Hartford, Connecticut
The Technical Support Administrator plans, initiates, and oversees technical support for internal staff, field staff and consultants. S/he plans and manages the IT infrastructure, consultant support and training, as well as asset management. Advises and performs numerous technical projects and tasks.
S/he participates in technical research and development to enable continuing improvement within the technology infrastructure. S/he also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures within the organization, adhere to organizational best practices and organizational values.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the IT Systems & Network Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide staff and consultant desktop and project technical support
• Manage IT initiatives and technical projects
• Administer hardware and software assets; logistical coordinator.
• Support resolutions for Mobile and staff technical issues, as well as support of on-site consultants.
• VPN Management Liaison
• Mobile Device Management and configuration
• Diagnose internal customer problems with computers, phones, email, and network issues and walk user through the problem-solving steps;
• Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices;
• Train users to use new computer hardware or software, including printing, word processing, and email;
• Audio and Video support and equipment function at internal and external meeting venues (Board of Directors meeting, Advisory Committees, etc.)
• Multi-functional printer troubleshooting, maintenance, and vendor repair facilitation.
• Technical coordination and training for users
• Active Directory Users and Computers administration
• NTFS Security management
• Other IT and project planning initiatives as directed and needed.
• Conference room configuration requests
• Provide logistical assistance to the Facilities Manager in office layout changes
• Large technical equipment installation/moves of TV monitors, projectors, etc.
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3 to 5 years’ experience working in information technology support/help desk capacity or other IT-related area.
• Knowledge of functioning and use of information systems and technology; knowledge of IT equipment; knowledge of help desk management tools and utilities; knowledge of computer operations and methods of preparing work for processing; knowledge of data control functions specific to job stream maintenance and documentation; basic knowledge of concepts of network and microcomputer operating systems; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; technical problem solving skills; logic and analytical skills; ability to install and maintain microcomputer hardware, software and basic network components; ability to analyze and troubleshoot simple operational and data communications problems; ability to prepare and maintain records, logs and reports.
Technical support, desktop, troubleshooting, imaging, windows, jira, help desk, hardware/software, sharepoint, repair, audio, AV, active directory
Top Skills Details:
1) 2 to 5 years’ experience working in information technology support/help desk capacity or other IT-related area.
2) Hands on Technical Support with ability to remote support end users as well.
3) High Level of Professionalism: self motivated and needs to try and figure things out on their own.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.