CDM Smith Building Information Modeler (BIM) 5 (Electrical -Remote Options) in Hartford, Connecticut
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or full remote schedules for this position. *
With general direction, prepares basic to moderately complex design assignments, and/or with minimal direction performs highly complex Intelligent Modeling and/or CADD drafting assignments, detail and/or general arrangement drawings through proper translation of level of design (LOD), drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of predominantly practical engineering knowledge.
• Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for aid in design documents.
• Provides lower‐level modeling personnel with design sketches for preparation of finished design drawings, general layouts, and guidance in refining technical requirements.
• Determines material needs and performs necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references per firm’s standards.
• Performs CADD/technical support tasks such as verifying intelligent model integrity.
• Acts as Intelligent Modeling Coordinator for basic to moderately complex projects during the project lifecycle to ensure coordination between the design team.
• Performs crosscheck of drawings to ensure consistency of drawings, cross sections, section placement layering guidelines, and adherence to firm’s Q/QC standards
• Provides general conceptual input to projects during the planning stages and supports or leads field assignments as required.
• Provides technical guidance to lower‐level design/drafting personnel and reviews completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s QA/QC standards and procedures. Performs other duties as required.
• Performs related engineering support tasks such as plotting drawings, preparing transmittals, preparing overnight packages, file management and/or, filing prints, distributing drawings, and assisting in making simple design calculations, and, coordinating specifications with drawings.
• Establishes design criteria for assigned phases of a project requiring the application of basic engineering principles, material properties, and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures.
Building Information Modeler (BIM) 5 (Electrical -Remote Options)
High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and intelligent modeling. 9 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills with strict attention to detail. Demonstrates ability to be a flexible team player and have the ability to adapt to changing requirements. Possesses software experience in the use of Microsoft Office for design related tasks. Advanced working knowledge of the intelligent modeling/CADD drafting commands. Solid working knowledge of intelligent modeling technologies.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.