Aston Carter Accountant in Hartford, Connecticut
Payrate: $27.00 - $35.00 Hourly
Placement Type: Contract to Hire
• Prepares journal entries to record asset, liability, and expense transactions by compiling supporting documents and account information, ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables.
• Maintains and balances account reconciliations by verifying, allocating, and reconciling transactions.
• Tracks Fixed Assets and assigned assets according to company policy.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger in a timely manner.
• Supports and backs up primary accounts payable accountant.
- Reconciliation, journal entry, Accounting, General ledger, Month end, Accounts payable, Financial statement, Accounts receivable, Balance sheet, Gaap, Bank reconciliation, great plains, Fixed asset, Accrual
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Journal entries
• Bank reconciliation
• General ledger
• Month end close
• Great Plains preferred but not required
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.