Aerotek Payroll Clerk in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Maintain Plant and Branch payroll summary sheet in Excel. Information includes by department: regular/overtime hours, gross pay, taxes withheld and various deductions, such as health insurance, 401K & Roth, and others.
• Maintain lists of current employees for Branch and Plant. Information includes department, name, social security number, address, job number, Salary/Daily/Hourly (branch list only), hire date & date of birth.
• Responsible for inputting all company personnel changes into ADP
• Assist with the processing of the Branch Call-in Sheets (pay rates, commissions, PTO, etc.); calculate Call-in sheets.
• Input and balance Call-In sheets and any information that pertains to that specific payroll into the Pay Data Batch.
• Preview Payroll, making corrections as needed.
• Input regular hours (Accumulator 40) into branch employee pay records.
• Enter paid and unpaid time off from the sick list, Call-in sheets, Request to be Absent forms, etc. onto employee record cards and ADP payroll system.
• Review Plant punch detail reports for errors such as missed in/out punches.
• Assist in preparing checks/statements, sort and send them to their respective locations.
• Complete and check the Request for Check form to transfer money into the payroll account as well as send out checks for child support and other wage attachments.
• Report new hires using the appropriate State’s website.
• Assist with maintaining the files for W-4’s, I-9’s, Direct Deposit forms, among others.
• Assist Payroll Manager and other clerks as needed.
3 years experience of payroll
Hourly employee payroll experience is preferred
Manufacturing experience preferred
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.