WindStream Communications Systems Analyst in Greenville, South Carolina
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
System Analyst is responsible for working with business stakeholders as well as IT resource to enhance Windstream’s billing systems. The position will be responsible for managing and assisting with software development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of supported systems. The system analyst will analyze, build, test and deploy products within Billing. The system analyst position will manage small to medium sized projects from initiation to implementation. Job focus may be on quality assurance testing or requirements gathering and analysis
Request Analysis and Impact Analysis. This will apply to all areas of the job and tasks worked.
- Analyze, evaluate, and document business requests/user stories and translate the requests into system functional needs
- Analyze system functionality and provide feedback on potential improvements
- Ability to manage several user stories at one time and drive objectives
- Produce required project documentation as defined by management
- Manage small to medium sized projects with assistance from Sr. team members from initiation to implementation
- Begin to define, plan and coordinate system release schedules System Configuration and changes.
- Analyze and modify database data to ensure proper configuration by developing scripts or processes to modify functional processing
- Write simple to moderate scripts as needed
- Build simple to moderate tiered products. Work with the integration points to ensure the products are functional
- Submit and follow change management processes as defined by management Customer, Vendor and Employee Interaction
- Increased ability to facilitate meetings, discussions, and drive objectives
- Internal/external customer, vendor and employee interactions should be professional and courteous
Production support and ticket management.
- Ensure assigned tickets are resolved quickly and effectively following SLAs defined by your management.
- Respond to Sev 2 tickets immediately and note the ticket that you are reviewing. Contact your management and ensure they are aware of the issue.
- Perform system configuration and changes while following processes defined by management or Sr. level team members. Perform System Testing
- Review business and function requirements to ensure proper test case to requirement traceability
- Work with Sr. level members to translate function requirements into test cases
- Work with developers and integration points to ensure test cases are complete and accurate
- Create simple to moderately complex scripts/processes to automate testing
- Execute test cases for unit test, regression test, and integration test General Administration
- Submit status reports as defined by management
- Submit weekly time as defined by management
- Draft project schedules, training material, hold training sessions and presentations as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
College degree in a Technical or a related field and 0-2 years professional level experience; or 4 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
- SQL and Database knowledge. Relational data experience and the ability to write simple to moderately complex SQL scripts
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and drive out decisions
- Effective oral and written communications
- Flexible, resilient, and open to new processes and applications
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed
- Previous billing experience
- ADO user story management and scrum master experience
- Technically minded and strong attention to detail
- Motivated individual who works well with others as well as independently
- Experience managing small to medium sized projects with multiple work groups
- Previous RevChain experience
- Previous experience working with SOX systems
- Previous experience with various testing methods and tools: Classes, certifications, or strategies
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 21001214
Other Locations: US-North Carolina, US-Iowa-Hiawatha, United States
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.