SMG Part Time Banquet Server in Greenville, South Carolina
This is a hands-on position, providing the highest degree of professional catering service to guests with the goal of achieving customer satisfaction and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow instructions for each event as given by the Food Services Manager and Assistant Food Services Manager
- Serve and service guests in a professional manner consistent with established standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to organizational and sanitation guidelines established by Food Services Manager
- Complete opening and closing daily checklists
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assist with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
- Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Breakdown tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area.
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of catering services and terminology
- Strong guest services skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to get along well with others
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of six (6) months of work experience in service-oriented environment preferred
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Daily lifting up to 25 lbs. above shoulder level, Up to 5 minutes at a time. Daily carrying up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
- The position does require the ability to work irregular hours and a varying schedule.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Less than 30 hours per week on average.
- Hours vary based on need.
- Irregular hours including evenings and weekends during the shows.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled