SMG Part Time Banquet Cook in Greenville, South Carolina
This is a hands-on position responsible for hot and cold food banquet and concessions production under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and/or Lead Line Cook.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares protein, soups, sauces, starches and vegetable items according to established recipes and timelines.
- Ensures high quality and minimal waste by following approved production techniques.
- Properly labels and dates food items for storage.
- Maintains an organized sanitary workstation at all times.
- Ability to produce high quality food in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to follow recipes and perform basic math in order to calculate production demands.
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Ability to become ServSafe Certified.
- Ability to use cutlery and standard kitchen machinery.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years experience as a cook or prep-cook, not including fast-food or short-order cooks.
- Large volume banquet experience highly preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.for up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
- Kitchen environment
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Less than 30 hours per week on average.
- Hours vary based on need.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including some nights and weekends based on facility event schedule.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled