Intertek Network Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Network Delivery Engineer
As a Network Delivery Engineer, you are responsible for maintaining critical network related systems, keeping them secure and ensuring they perform at an optimum level. This is a Hybrid role with 1 day in the office and 4 days remote. Occasional travel to other offices may be required as projects dictate. Typical tasks include:
• Providing VPN configuration, migration and documentation support and maintain compliance reporting for field site and data center infrastructure.
• Provide professional guidance to the business on network related purchase and design, helping enforce proliferation of secure, standard equipment throughout the organization.
• You will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to work with peers across a wide range of project initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain network automation processes, L2L, DVMPN, Flex VPN and Remote Access VPN setup, moves, changes.
• Build, deliver and maintain configuration change scripts within SolarWinds for deployment and change management of network services.
• Advise, design, and deliver greenfield and brownfield network solutions for existing and new branch office deployments and site infrastructure refresh projects, within strict company network standards
• Update command sets as required within TACACS based on operational need
• Manage/maintain VMware ROBO virtual Infrastructure at corporate branch offices
• Build enhanced network monitoring instruments using toolset provided
• Create and maintain run books and documentation for operational teams utilize.
• Build and maintain templates for the Meraki Wi-Fi solution
• Build and maintain templates for the field site standards.
• Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
• Configure and install software, servers, routers, and other network devices.
• Resolve issues and provide escalation point for troubleshooting of cloud and local infrastructure.
• Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
• Mentor Operations team members on technical issues.
• Create, oversee, and test security measures.
• Maintain technical documentation.
• Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
• At least five years of enterprise network design, support, and maintenance experience (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN and management tools).
• Knowledge of Cisco Systems products and solutions (specifically L2L VPN, DMVPN, RA VPN).
• Knowledge of supporting global MPLS solutions.
• Knowledge of implementing and support of zone-based firewall on Cisco ISR platform (800, 900, 4K, etc.)
• Working knowledge of network security practices
• Working knowledge of VMware ESXi Hypervisor
• Strong Experience with Cisco Catalyst switching platform with knowledge of Stackwise technology
• Strong Experience with Cisco Security based equipment such as ISR and ASA Firewall is a must.
• Routing protocols experience including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP preferred.
• Knowledge of Legacy WAN/LAN level hardware for switching, routing and security such as HP Procurve, SonicWall Firewalls, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and other legacy hardware,
• Experience with Wireless Networking (Cisco/Meraki) this may include support of non-standard hardware such as Linksys and SonicWall wireless solutions.
• Knowledge and ability to design networking topologies and network wiring systems
• Working knowledge of high-level routers and WAN topologies
• Certified Network Engineer or other technical certification such as CCNP/CCSE preferred
• Python coding skills
• Strong Experience with Cisco based equipment such as ISR, ASA, Catalyst Chassis based switches, and high-end routing protocols.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History (https://intertek-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/www-intertek-com/media/investors/2017/intertek-history-480p.mp4) and What We Do (https://www.intertek.com/what-we-do/) .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy (https://www.intertek.com/about/update-on-COVID-19/) .
What we have to offer
When Working with Intertek (https://www.intertek.com/careers/north-america/working-with-intertek/) , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People (https://d95zk70sfear3.cloudfront.net/intranet-intertek-com/media/stories/2017/our-people-480p.mp4) are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://www.intertek.com/careers/eeo-diversity/) and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.