Expedia Senior Product Analyst in Geneva, Switzerland
Sr. Product Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing analytics team which supports Lodging’s Global Product team. The mission of Global Product is to create and continually enhance products which delight our partners, travelers around the globe, and make those who work on them proud. As collaborators and advisers, Analytics supports this by delivering data and insights, as well as truly being part of every product delivery – from wire-frames to measures of success, to working to understand post-release optimizations to make the best of product investment.
The Senior Product Analyst should have a passion for insightful business questions and for finding answers through exploratory data analysis and deep dives. This role would evaluate the output of machine learning algorithms and understand their validity to be able to advise the data science team on how to improve their products. You will blend data from a deep data lake and enterprise scale data platforms, apply statistical methods, and craft compelling stories via a variety of visualization methods. This role will challenge you to understand and aid many aspects of the Lodging business, including product innovation, test and learn, strategy, business opportunity recommendation, and problem investigation.
Do you love data, statistics and travel? Do you have a proven record of providing key insights that move products and business forward? If so, we look forward to meeting you and working together as you become a contributing member of our fast-growing team.
Who You Are:
- Expert SQL
- Proficient in R and/or Python
- Real passion for statistics, number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure / work on data exploratory problems, using innovative approaches, creative solutions and data visualization skills
- Ability to work independently and with dedication
- Familiarity with Hive, Hadoop, Spark, TeraData, Qubole
- Clickstream data exposure and/or experience with log data
- Tableau experience
- Background in relevant area – travel, ecommerce, experience is a strong plus
- Experience in working with A/B testing a plus
What You Will Do:
- You will present customer behavior insights, identify customer frustrations and business opportunities to Product, Engineering, Marketing and Design teams
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of product improvement, with a laser focus on actionable analytics
- Be a domain expert – own domain knowledge for assigned product areas
- Provide day-to-day analysis for specific products - partner with Product & Marketing managers and internal teams to address complex questions and provide insightful analysis, while improving customer centricity
- Seek out insights – take requests and hypothesis and build detailed analyses
- Monitor key performance indicators (visitors, engagement, conversion, notifications metrics, etc.) daily, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
- Grow and learn - stretch your knowledge and learn more about the business, supporting teams, new data, tools and processes
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30 Days Ago
- Full time