Expedia Senior Analyst – Supply and Lodging Marketplace Analytics in Geneva, Switzerland
Hotels.com, an Expedia Group company, is revolutionising travel through the Power of Technology. Data is at the heart of every decision we make. We are looking for an outstanding individual to provide data-driven insight that will shape the way Hotels.com aligns the intersection between supply and demand.
The Senior Analyst will generate insights shaping Hotels.com’s supply strategy and will support analytics for key projects that go across the Expedia Group and are of importance to the group CEO.
The successful candidate will be data-driven, action-oriented, able to zoom from the ‘big picture view’ down to the finest grain of the analysis and passionate about learning.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading analytics team, build data-driven strategies to use signals that will create value for our customers / hotel partners and get exposure to all areas of the business.
This role can be based in Geneva (ideally) or London.
- Fuel insight shaping the Hotels.com strategy and provide analytic support across group-wide transformation initiatives focusing on creating the World Travel Platform through alignment of data and processes across supply, demand and product areas
- Work with stakeholders to develop hypotheses to leverage supply-demand data signals to create value for our customers and hotel partners across all areas of the business
- Validate hypotheses by delivering bespoke analyses, data-driven models or through experimentation
- Design and implement scalable solutions to deliver actionable insight, in partnership with analytics, data science, product and engineering teams
- Build reporting and cutting-edge data visualization solutions to track business performance and measure impact
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
- Act as trusted advisor to Hotels.com Strategy stakeholders and Leadership Team
- Establish trust and a collaborative working relationship with stakeholders
- Understand business challenges and solve by leveraging data and competitive intelligence
- Effectively communicate findings in compelling presentations to management
- Build subject matter expertise on Lodging Marketplace dynamics and supply/demand datasets
- Understand micro and macro-economic trends and their impact on the business
- Develop extensive knowledge of data attributes and metrics
- Identify data quality issues and gaps, design solutions to address them
- Contribute to building a world class analytics team
- Stay up to date with latest technological trends in data and analytics
- Document and share learning with the analyst community
- Be open to give and receive feedback, aspire for continuous learning and self-improvement
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience, and a strong academic background in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, engineering, data science, econometrics or similar
- Good technical skills and/or ability and willingness to ramp up very quickly: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SQL (Qubole, Teradata, SQL Server), BI tools (Tableau, R Shiny), advanced analytics packages (Python, R)
- Stats knowledge a plus (hypothesis testing, confidence intervals)
- Insatiable appetite for making an impact in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with tight overlapping deadlines
- Commercial acumen and desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment
- Logical and structured thinking, with ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly
- Demonstrated high performance in prior roles
- Good interpersonal skills
Why Join Us Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time