SMG Bartender in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Supervisors and Managers
FLSA STATUS: hourly/non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Bartender for SMG/Savor Food & Beverage. Responsible for preparing beverages and serving beverages and/or food to guests with outstanding service at the Convention Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to keep accurate counts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
[Link to job posting in RM]
Tina M. Vidal
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 954-765-5900.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Open 10/27/2017 Closed- TBD
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled