SMG Suite Server in Fresno, California
This part-time position is responsible for providing high quality customer service during all events, to achieve customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up each assigned suite as needed for the event.
- Will greet and service each guest with the upmost highest level of custom service.
- Enforce all liquor laws, rules and regulations which apply to SMG operations.
- Verify and account for all food and beverage inventory.
- Maintain proper sanitation of work area.
Follow proper safety practices in the work area.
Prepares guest orders accurately and promptly.
- Receives and handles cash and/or credit card transactions accurately and promptly.
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Suites & Catering Manager or Director of Food and Beverage.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform all job duties.
Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures.
- Must speak, read and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and/or the duration of each shift.
Must be able to carry and lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated from High School or the equivalent of the (GED) certificate.
- Must have at least 1-year food serving experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks as assigned.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of menu items and suite packages with ability to up-sale items as needed.
- Ability to up-sale menu items.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires standing, stooping reaching and lifting. Must be able to lift 30-lbs on a regular basis.
Please visit our Career Site at:
For External Candidates-
For Internal Candidates-
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled