TEKsystems Network Administrator in Fresno, California
The Network Administrator II represents the journeyman level of the series and works on troubleshooting more complex network problems and network design. Projects good interpersonal and communication skills and operates within the value system. Sets up, configures, supports and maintains networks and related equipment. Troubleshoots network, performance issues and recommends alternative solutions. Recommends and completes assigned hardware, software and application upgrades. Provides technical support to end-users and the IT department. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
• Ensures assigned project objectives are completed as scheduled.
• Assists with assuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network and computing infrastructure.
• Assist in planning and implementing of the overall strategic goals of network system.
• Perform network hardware installations, modifications, monitoring, and diagnostics as well as problem resolution, design, implementation, and administration of the network.
• Provide on-going support of LAN, MAN and WAN that ensures that business cycles will not be impacted during upgrades or maintenance.
• Prepares or reviews network production, operating, and down time records/reports, and recommends program changes, routines, and quality control standards to improve efficiency.
• Assists staff with diagnosing and resolving system related issues.
• Initiates and maintains ongoing communication with all managers/supervisors as applicable.
• Develops business relationships with vendors as necessary to maintain services, work effectively, utilize automation and implement new products/services.
• Supports new credit union product/service implementations and installation of software upgrades.
• Ensures the maintenance, development, and implementation of new delivery systems and/or workflows is designed to meet the business requirements.
• Maintains an accurate network port map on Data Centers.
• Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved.
• Creates detailed documentation, training materials and walk-throughs of the network, applications, systems and resources on the network.
• Maintains and increases knowledge and skills through attendance at meetings, conferences, training seminars and in-service training sessions.
• Supports the Anti-Money Laundering program by maintaining knowledge of regulations and performing AML procedures related to assigned area, with special emphasis on identifying and reporting suspicious financial activity.
• Performs such other tasks as may be delegated by the Technology Services Manager.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Supports the Information Security program by maintaining knowledge of applicable regulations, standards and procedures, with emphasis on safeguarding member information.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
There is opportunity for a flex schedule if they can prove them selves to do the job.
Router, Wan, Switches, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Network engineering
Top Skills Details:
Router,Wan,Switches,Cisco routers,Cisco switches
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Network +, MCP, CCIE, CCNA, ITIL Foundations Certification preferred but not required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Experience in troubleshooting, network design, and implementation
• Clear understanding of each of the seven layers of the OSI model.
• Understands IP Networking and sub-netting, VPN, PIX firewalls, switches, routers.
• Maintain currency of knowledge about current security incidents, threats, and available tools for network security of Cisco routers and Cisco Switches.
• Understand standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the network operations field.
• NOC background and some experience with Network Management protocols and utilities.
• Experience with network sniffer and analysis tools.
• Make recommendations to improve and protect the security of EECU information, networks, and systems.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and daily work load at the same time.
• Provide excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to respond to issues during non-scheduled hours of operation, including the need occasionally to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• The nature of the job requires the Network Administrator II to be accessible for consultation and/or on-site supervision during unscheduled times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School graduate. Bachelor’s degree (preferred, not required) and four to six years related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Solid understanding of technology systems and strong computer skills.
• Broad awareness of modern technology (i.e. Virtualization, WANs/ LANs, VoIP, etc.)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.