Honeywell Sr Manufacturing Manager in Freeport, Illinois
Sr Manufacturing Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Responsible for department safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, technical planning and continuous improvement. Manages, directs, leads and implements initiatives and strategies of operations and manufacturing engineering to achieve established business goals (KPl's). Establishes production schedules in manufacturing departments to ensure production requirements are met and shipments are made on time. Controls the flow of materials and the utilization of labor to effectively resource production; is responsible for budget adherence. Analyzes the value stream personnel and capital resources and selects the best way to meet safety, quality and production requirements on time at a reasonable cost.Utilize sound Lean Manufacturing techniques and guides the team in lean thinking, cost reduction, and improving productivity.
Actively coach and implement lean processes and tools to direct reports. Reviews material inventories to insure they are adequate to meet production requirements.Recommends and/or makes improvements in value stream machinery, equipment, industrialization and manufacturing methods. Provides capital investment justification to the leadership team.Controls allocation and use of value stream personnel to ensure fulfillment of production schedules in all departments at the lowest possible cost while maintaining quality and performance standards.Directs the operations of departments and guides supervisors in the performance of their duties. Fosters cross functional team approach at all levels. Makes decisions based on inputs provided by superiors, subordinates, peers, and teams consistent with company goals.Practices strong business, managerial, ethical and technical skills
20 Drive culture of continuous improvement
20 Lead productivity improvement projects
20 Resource management in a dynamic environment
20 Strategy development
20 Collaborate with cross functional teams
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS degree and/or six (6) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) years of management experience.
- Must be a strong facilitator.
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and other Lean manufacturing principles.
- Capable of utilizing basic quality tools along with six sigma and lean manufacturing techniques in the support of continuous improvement, root cause analysis, and corrective preventative actions.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Lean Manufacturing experience. Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management, Supply Chain Operations, or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and ten (10) years manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD33456
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 315 E Stephenson St, Plant 1, Freeport, IL 61032-4353 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.