Lockheed Martin Applications Engineer (Level 2) in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
As an Applications Engineer (Level 2)
• You will execute the planning, development, and integration of advanced manufacturing technologies to resolve technical manufacturing problems as well as guide the development of the next generation of Manufacturing Technology engineers through day-to-day and high-level technical direction and oversight.
• In this role, you will also perform project management functions (budget and schedule management, status reporting, cost benefit analysis, etc.) for both government-funded and internally-funded Manufacturing Technology projects. This position will also support team management decisions including:
• Strategic activities
• Provide technical status reporting and troubleshooting for F-35 component-specific build areas for Manufacturing Technology's technical project portfolio.
• Assignment area includes engineering and technical support for projects ranging from manufacturing process development and improvements to manufacturing equipment and system specification, procurement, integration and support.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position supports a facility that requires special access.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/aero-fort-worth-texas)
• Bachelor's degree or higher education
• Work experience in Applications, Manufacturing, Process, Quality, or other related Engineering.
• Experience in technical problem solving within manufacturing.
• Project Management experience
• Experience with advanced aircraft manufacturing, especially F-35.
• Experience working in advanced manufacturing concepts as they relate to current and emerging aero platforms.
• Knowledge of F-35 fabrication, assembly, finishes, & inspection methods and tools.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative approach to technical problem solving.
• Experience with equipment specification development.
• Experience with Earned Value Management.
• Ability to establish working relationships dealing with LM internal and external
customers & supply chain.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.