SMG Cashier in Florence, South Carolina
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Cashier at the SMG/Florence Center Under direct supervision, an accountable Cashier to process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle cash transactions with customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Keep reports of transactions
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Position requires ability to:
- Proven working experience in retail cashier or sales
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
- High school diploma
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including standing for long periods of time.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work well in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Must pass background check/credit check.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG - Florence Center
3300 West Radio Drive
Florence, SC 29501
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 843-679-9417.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled