Teledyne IT Support Specialist (FTC) in Fareham, United Kingdom
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Teledyne FLIR is looking for a IT Support Engineer consultant until end of December 2023 in our Fareham office that will be part of a global team, where we support offices around the globe (UK, Australia, India, Italy, Japan and more). Primarily this position will help the two other team members in the Fareham office.
The core role is to provide 2nd line on-site support to the 1,800 users around the globe (where 220 users are located in the Fareham office).
The position will be part of our IT Shared Services (ITSS) organization and will interface with all Teledyne FLIR employees and business units.
This position will provide Service desk support as well as onsite and remote support and assist in project work when required.
- The position will be responsible for onsite IT support for assigned Teledyne FLIR locations working as part of a virtual team to provide customer support, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and requests (tickets), and escalate un-resolved tickets and follow up through completion on the tickets.
- Primary work location is at the Fareham Raymarine facilities (220 users),
- The position will be responsible for interfacing directly with the Teledyne FLIR employees who have IT problems. This will be done in person, via phone and various forms of written communication (e.g. email, ticketing system and instant messaging).
Troubleshooting / resolution:
- The position will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) received from the IT Help Desk. The tickets will be span all areas of IT (e.g. general PC issues, local printer issues, mobile phone requests, system access, application issues, data base issues, server issues, network issues, security issues, virus detection, etc).
Assignment and Escalation:
- The position will be responsible for escalating IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) to the appropriate IT team (e.g. IT infrastructure, application team, security team) if he/she is not able to resolve the ticket. During assignment and escalation, the position will be responsible for communicating with both the client and the technical team to which the ticket has been assigned.
We are looking for a driven person who think changes are exiting and understands that IT support is a service role that requires a good hand with the users.
- Computer related Degree/Diploma/Microsoft Certification or equivalent work experience.
Competencies & Skills:
Strong methodical troubleshooting skills.
Strong MS Office knowledge, esp. Word, Excel, Outlook 365.
Strong Windows 10 knowledge.
Strong English language skills. verbal and written.
Good Microsoft Active directory knowledge.
Understanding of permissions structures in an AD environment.
Deployment of computers (Dell/HP, SCCM PXE).
Genuine interest in IT and/or any other related subject.
Strong Mac knowledge.
Skills in scripting automation, PowerShell, SQL Queries.
If you think that you’re the person for this role, apply today!
This position requires access to export-controlled information or items (i.e. regulated technology or technical data per ITAR/EAR US regulations). Applicants must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
You may not realize it, but Teledyne enables many of the products and services you use every day .
Teledyne provides enabling technologies to sense, transmit and analyze information for industrial growth markets, including aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, energy, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.