Sutter Health Community Health Worker II in ‘Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Sutter Health Pacific
Provides support, health education, and case management services to a multitude of Sutter Health patient populations and their families. Seeks to standardize processes throughout Sutter Health and supports multiple programs. Shares important community resources and practices with Sutter Health patients and providers in order to ensure patient care requirements are met and also seeks to improve Sutter Health patient and family engagement in the management of healthcare needs through coaching, motivational interviewing, and support in navigating Sutter Health.
Job Description :
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Provide support, empowerment education, and case management services to patients.
• Identify support needs for patients and their families as well as develop service plans.
• Conduct periodic assessments of patients’ physical activity, dietary habits, cigarette smoking habits, and social and economic resources.
• Document work with patients through appropriate recordkeeping in adherence with Sutter Health policies and procedures.
• Utilize all software and other computerized applications effectively.
• Make referrals for needed services while facilitating access to community resources.
• Submit billing per Sutter Health guidelines.
• Schedule patients in the online scheduling and billing system as well as manage the front desk and maintenance of patients’ medical charts.
• Conduct home visits in a culturally competent and respective manner.
• Educate patients with chronic illnesses about evidence-based standards of care and self-management.
• Educate patients about the healthcare system while facilitating relationship building between patients and the healthcare system.
• Document patient encounter data in an accurate and concise manner.
• Communicate with appropriate care center staff.
LEADERSHIP & PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Utilize the empowerment approach to patient care.
• Work cooperatively with physicians and other health team members.
• Participate in trainings sponsored by Sutter Health and its regional affiliates.
• Share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues while promoting an overall team approach to a successful healthcare program.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
1 year in human services, case management, and/or work with families.
1 year working with healthcare systems and community-based organizations.
1 year working with multicultural communities in a culturally competent manner.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic knowledge and understanding of low-income and minority communities.
Basic ability to operate a variety of standard office machines and equipment.
Proficient in basic computer skills.
Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
Verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups such as: executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with diverse populations and audiences.
Negotiate or exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or to arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
Focus on customer service that informs all actions and decisions.
Maintain a positive relationship with the community and professionals.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities & working conditions at the following link:
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.