SMG Box Office Assistant in Evansville, Indiana
Job Title: Part Time Box Office Assistant
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Ticketing Services Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision of the Box Office at Old National Events Plaza.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparing daily sales reports, daily deposits, and weekly vault reconciliation.
- Oversees the organizing and processing of the Broadway Subscriptions and Children's Broadway at ONEP group orders.
- Updates and coordinates all event information for ticket sellers and receptionist.
- Supervises and instructs ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Group & Mail orders: builds accounts for each order, assigning and printing tickets.
- Processes and balances income from ticket orders.
- Distributes filled orders by mail or group contact.
- Captures pertinent data for each account for marketing purposes.
- Works ticket windows for Events and Event On Sales.
- Will assist the Ticketing Service Manager on show days by providing promoter with information as requested (running audits and/or processing guest lists, relocating patrons as deemed necessary by the show, assisting with running show reports, knowledge of Access Manager which is the system for scanning the tickets, educates the staff on pertinent information pertaining to the show, prepares the seller starting banks and counts down the sellers at the end of their shifts. In the absence of the Ticketing Services Manager, assists with box office settlement by providing requested information to General Manager
- Assists the ushers as need with seating and scanner issues.
- Basic training in all aspects of Ticketing Services Manager. .
This position will instruct and supervise ticket sellers on proper selling procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma required.
Minimum 1 year box office experience required.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required.
Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of computers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays when a show day in addition to normal box office hours as needed.
Demonstrates knowledge of a ticket selling/box office operation
Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
Able to coordinate and schedule staff
Knowledge of problem solving techniques
demonstrated public relations skills
Previous box office experience required.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.
Old National Events Plaza
715 Locust Street
Evansville, IN. 47708
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 812-435-5770
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled