Robert Half Staff Accountant in Eugene, Oregon
Do you have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills and are able to maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)? Robert Half is seeking Staff Accountants in the Eugene area! We have frequent needs from clients in the area for these important roles.
Staff Accountants perform a variety of duties such as maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You may also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
· Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
· Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
· Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
· Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
· Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
· Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
· Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
· 2+ years of accounting experience.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Working knowledge of GAAP.
· Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
· Good problem-solving and time management skills.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.