Aston Carter Junior Accountant in East Hartford, Connecticut
Entry Level Junior Accountant | Onsite | Contract to Hire
A Day in the Role…
• Assist in preparing monthly account and bank reconciliations.
• Prepare invoices and other business correspondence related to accounts receivable and purchasing including purchase orders as needed.
• Maintain administrative and financial records and record keeping systems related to accounts payable and receivable.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of data on accounts, code documents, etc. according to agency policy.
• Assist with preparation of various budgets including annual agency budget.
• Assist in preparation and maintaining month end and year end work papers.
• Assist in the compilation and preparation of data and schedules for the year end audit.
• Keep supervisor apprised of status of accounts including discrepancies, issues, etc., make recommendations as applicable. s
•Bachelors or Associates Degree required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• At least a year’s experience in banking customer service, collections, or similar
• Ability to perform in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
Schedule: Monday– Friday
830AM – 5PM
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.