Collabera Software Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job location: Dulles, VA
• The Sr. Software Dev Engineer will analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements and/or new products.
• Lead development of data warehouse designs with our team of Big Data engineers Work in an agile Scrum driven environment to deliver new and innovative products.
• Duties include designing applications, writing code, developing and testing and debugging and documenting work and results.
• Keep up-to-date with relevant technology in order to maintain and improve functionality for authored applications.
• Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
• Design and implement reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components, product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders (50%)
• Ingest data from various structured and unstructured data sources into Hadoop and other distributed Big Data systems. (15%)
• Support the sustainment and delivery of an automated ETL pipeline and Validate data that is extracted from sources like HDFS, databases, and other repositories using scripts and other automated capabilities, logs, and queries.
• Enrich and transform extracted data, as required. Monitor and report the data flow through the ETL process.
• Perform data extractions, data purges, or data fixes in accordance with current internal procedures and policies.
• Track development and operational support via user stories and decomposed technical tasks in a provided issue tracking software, including GIT, Maven, and JIRA.
• Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
• Mentor junior engineers within the team for development and delivery
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5 years of related recent industry experience.
• Experience in back-end programming, like Java, JS, OOAD and ETL Tools
• Experience with Database technologies (Ex: Oracle, Netezza, MySQL)
• Experience of working with large scale databases
• Knowledge and experience of Unix (Linux) Platforms
• Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
• Experience in writing Pig Latin scripts, MapReduce jobs, Hive
• Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Familiarity with data loading tools like Flume, Sqoop.
• Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
• Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase.
• Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
• Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
COM,Data Warehouse,Engineering,ETL,Focus,hadoop,Java,Linux,MySQL,OOAD, Oracle, Software Engineer,UNIX