Cardinal Health Executive Administrative Assistant - Med Segment CIO in Dublin, Ohio
This role reports to the Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Medical Segment and will also provide executive administrative support to multiple Vice President level leaders.
What Administration contributes to Cardinal Health
Business & Administrative Support is responsible for assisting general business operations by providing an array of administrative and data support activities. Administration is responsible for performing a variety of administrative activities in support of the leaders they support. Serves as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company.
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to multiple leaders in their day-to-day office activities. This job manages scheduling and makes travel arrangements for related leaders. The Executive Administrative Assistant maintains a strong understanding of all relevant Cardinal Health operations and frequently represents the company/senior leaders internally and externally through written and verbal communications. This job frequently handles confidential information and personal matters which requires the use of discretion and judgement in all interactions. The Executive Administrative Assistant anticipates the needs of leaders and can manage multiple tasks at time.
- Manage SVP’s calendar and related planning and activities
- Assist with meeting scheduling for Vice Presidents on team, both internal and external meetings
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and International, in Concur
- Reconcile, submit, and track expense reports on behalf of SVP and VPs
- Coordinate group meetings, workshops or team building events; collaborate with the Meeting and Events and Live Events teams, when needed
- Create Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents and presentations utilizing data or input provided by leaders and staff
- Prepare agendas for staff meetings and coordinate speakers/topics
- Communicate with other GTBS Executive Assistants on scheduling meetings and other important events while building positive relationships
- Learn and utilize company technology to complete assignments
- Follow up on behalf of leaders supported on any outstanding issues
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Manage SVP’s communication/shadow mailbox
- Work with Talent Acquisition to schedule interviews, calibrations, and other meetings for hiring employees
- Maintain department organizational charts
- Partner with HR, Communications and Finance to coordinate meetings hosted by SVP
- Coordinate department meetings with other key partners such as strategy director and portfolio manager
- Anticipate needs of Medical IT leadership team and department as best possible
- Develop and constantly improve internal processes
- Order office supplies as needed by team
- Keep current with company travel, expense and other relevant policies and communicate changes to the team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Handle external deliveries and mail
- Screen incoming calls/inquiries and handle independently where possible
- Other administrative support duties (support during key projects) as assigned
- 6-8 years of related professional experience, supporting senior level management with large national or global companies
- Associate degree, preferred, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Demonstrates extreme discretion when handling confidential matters/materials
- Detail-oriented and displays ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively set expectations with internal customers regarding timing of activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; ability to learn new technology
- Self-directed; ability and willingness to problem-solve and apply creative solutions (example: calendar conflicts)
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Work proactively and independently, learn and adapt quickly, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Takes the lead in effectively applying and teaching new processes and skills in order to accomplish a wide variety of assignments
- Comprehensive knowledge in technical or specialty area
- Ability to apply knowledge beyond own areas of expertise
- Performs the most complex and technically challenging work within area of specialization
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions for team
- Works independently to interpret and apply company procedures to complete work
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.