Cardinal Health Business Analyst, Product Information Management (PIM) in Dublin, Ohio
Cardinal Health’s Medical Segment Master Data Management technology team is on a tremendous growth journey. Comprised of Operations and Development team, we aim to be a world-class master data organization that enables Cardinal Health to be healthcare’s most trusted partner. We boast great opportunities to grow and apply technical skills to meet organizational needs, empowering talented engineers who mentor and uplift others, led by leaders with focus on employee development and well-being, dedicated training programs, and a fun and collaborative atmosphere.
We currently have a career opening for a Business Analyst, supporting the STEP Product Information Management (PIM) platform based in our Dublin, Ohio location with possibility for remote work.
The scope of this role is to work with subject matter experts, solution architects and developers on the creation of user requirements to implement new features and functions as part of the Master Data Management organization within Cardinal Health’s Medical Segment. The ideal candidate will possess a strong information technology background related to supporting multiple stakeholders.
What Business Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Analysis is responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
- Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods
- Build and maintain relationships across the enterprise; communicate effectively and efficiently across multiple business units
- Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies
- Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills
- Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT, roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Ensure business requirements are defined at the appropriate level of detail to efficiently enable development work
- Develop subject matter expertise on STEP PIM capabilities to satisfy business needs and requirements
- Develop subject matter expertise on key business processes across various business units, enterprise-wide
- Lead elicitation sessions with impacted stakeholders to develop and articulate process flows, requirements, and business rules
- Document detailed functional and non-functional requirements and any other applicable deliverables (User Stories, Process Flows, Wireframes, etc.)
- Maintain requirements in the appropriate requirements management tool (ALM, JIRA, Octane or other)
- Manage requirement prioritization, reviews & approvals
- Partner with IT Technical Lead and Developers to conduct solution options analysis and provide recommendations
- Partner with Stakeholders to negotiate alternate solution options when primary option is not achievable or if alternate solution yields greater results
- Lead Functional Test coordination, execution & defect management
- Partner with Functional Testing teams to define, create and review test cases
- Partner with Functional Testing teams during functional and integration testing to validate functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied
- Lead User Acceptance Test coordination, execution & defect management
- Partner with stakeholders to define, create and review test scenarios
- 4+ years of experience as a business analyst in large multi-functional / technical environment, preferred
- Proven experience gathering requirements, building complex process flows, creating wireframes/prototypes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to ask probing questions and lead cross-functional meetings
- Excellent listener
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members and executives
- Works independently, prioritizing work and proactively communicating status
- Work in a team-oriented environment that includes onshore and offshore team members
- Proficient PC skills: including working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Visio or other wireframe tools
- Experience with one or more MDM/PIM solutions, a plus
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Behaviors we look for of you and others at this level
- Invites Curiosity (Explores possibilities for the future)
- Builds Partnerships (Seeks connections for the greater good)
- Inspires Commitment (Pursues results with passion)
- Develops Self & Others (Inspires others to grow to our full potential)
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.