SMG Pantry/ Kitchen Staff in Del Mar, California
POSITION: Kitchen Cook
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive/Sous Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Kitchen Cook Position for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc. Responsible for -- This position works in the main kitchen and in commissary kitchen preparing food items for the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Must be creative in designing buffet food presentations.
- Preparing recipes as directed.
- Must take direction well.
- Maintain clean safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
At least one year experience in a banquet facility preparing meals for large events.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to be creative with buffet food presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Attention to detail.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, fruits or vegetables used for cold food productions.
- Prepares vegetables for salads by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting or scoring.
- Prepares garnish for cold food plates and platters.
- Slices meats, cheeses, vegetables, other items for salads, sandwiches or cold platters. Cuts vegetables, meats cheeses and other items for salads, sandwiches or cold platters.
- Assembles sandwiches, cold appetizers, cold platters, sandwiches, desserts.
- Prepares salad dressings, cold sauces and dips.
- Must be able to commit to working Full Time from July 18 - September 3, 2018.
Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, dip, score, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food in the pantry station
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled