SMG Food Runner in Del Mar, California
POSITION: Food Runner/Busser
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Premier Food Services at the Del Mar Fairgrounds & Racetrack is looking for Seasonal Food Runners/Bussers to work during the 2018 Horse Racing Season, July 18th- September 3th. Qualified candidates must be available Wednesday through Sunday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dining area, including all tables and chairs.
- Restocks the dining room and side stations with tableware, flatware, utensils, condiments and linen.
- Always maintain adequate supplies in the side station when the restaurant is open.
- Prepare all beverage required for service, including coffee, iced tea and hot water.
- Fill up the curate set and other condiments.
- Greet guest after they are seated.
- Reset tables with fresh linens and set the table according to the meal period.
- Pick up food from kitchen and bring to the side stations.
- Assist restaurant servers to serve the guest.
- Pour water and refill coffee and tea cups.
- During busy periods assist servers by serving food and beverage to guests.
- Perform outlet opening duties such as setting tables, chairs, Chef in dish or chaffing dish, printing item / dish names for placing in front of the dishes.
- Cleaning side stations and stocking and replenishing side station supplies.
- Emptying and cleaning food preparation carts.
- Cleaning the coffee urn and the bread warmer.
- Returning soiled linens to the laundry.
- Collecting fresh linens and taking them to the restaurant / room service / banquet room.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent required/Previous experience in similar Job role.
Skills and Abilities
Previous experience in similar Job role.
- Work in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Able to climb stairs while carrying a full tray
- Prior restaurant experience a plus.
- Must be at least 16 years of age with a valid work permit
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled