SMG Cook in Concord, North Carolina
Reports To: Executive Chef/Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Part-Time Hourly
DATE: February 2018
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Lead Line Cook & Cook at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center. This is a hands-on position assisting the Executive Chef/Director of Food & Beverage with the preparation of food for events by following approved recipes and maintaining the highest production standards for catering and concession events.
- Maintain an organized and sanitary work station at all times.
- Follow approved recipes and production standards.
- Properly label and dates food items for storage.
- Maintain and organize storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers.
- Minimize waste by controlling overage and usage.
- Assemble and complete final production of hot and cold food items.
- Assist with plating of catered meals.
- Setup of Back of House (i.e. Setting up Kitchen/Concession Stands)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all major kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Must be able to identify and properly use all kitchen small wares.
- Strong knowledge of state health codes and sanitation standards.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to execute large functions.
- Ability to work extended hours productively.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in a cook's position.
- Minimum of one year of experience in banquet operations.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping.
- Constant reaching, handling products.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 15-40 hours per week on average
- Irregular hours including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as determined by event schedule.
- Extended hours may be required, as determined by event schedule.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in this position, you may apply as follows:
ONLINE: at our recruiting website
IN PERSON: Cabarrus Arena & Events Center - Administrative Offices (10:00am-3:00pm)
Physical Address: 4751 NC Highway 49 North Concord, North Carolina 28025
GPS Address: 4551 Old Airport Road Concord, North Carolina 28025
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SMG/Cabarrus Arena is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled