JPMorgan Chase Senior Oracle HCM Cloud Software Engineer in Columbus, Ohio
JP Morgan Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda within the Workforce Technology Organization which serves over 280K employees. It is investing in innovative ways to improve employee experience across the board and its' embarking on the new digital journey.
We are looking for an Oracle HCM Cloud Technical Lead. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Working with the stakeholders to understand and review the requirements on Integrations, reporting and the fast formula.
• Gathering business requirements, developing technical requirement documents.
• Building Interfaces, custom reports on Oracle HCM using the available framework.
• Build proficiency with the HCM modules Including Globar HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time, Absence Management and other areas as required by the project.
• Unit testing, quality reviews, issue identification and resolution.
• Help the team with the design, development & daily tasks.
• Able to utilize JIRA and other project management tools used for tracking purposes
• Adoption and implementation of agile methodology
• Foster good partnerships with all the stakeholders.
This role requires a wide variety of skills and capabilities, including:
• Advanced PL/SQL development experience is a must
• Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle OTBI, Oracle HCM Fast Formula & Oracle HCM Extracts
• Working experience in Oracle HCM Cloud Global HR and Global Payroll
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented, team player and who could thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
• BTech degree in computer science/information technology or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans