RangeWater Marketing Representative in Columbus, Georgia
Position Summary: Executes the property's marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs all sales and leasing activities in person to achieve the property's revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects face-to-face, conducting property tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community's occupancy and sales results, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the property's established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost occupancy.
Designs and executes offsite marketing activities to create and drive traffic to the property, including implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, using internet marketing tools (CraigsList, Facebook, e-mail, and other websites), and following other property-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs.
Uses the on-site property management software application (OneSite, Yardi, etc.) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
Ensures that the property and show units meet the Company's standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the property's maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
Executes and performs activities in support of the property's lease renewal program by preparing and delivering lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or documents and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s). This includes the ability to work in a stressful environment and work peacefully with co-workers and residents.
Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Must be able to meet predictable attendance and punctuality expectations and physical demands of the position complying with RangeWater Residential?s policies and performance expectations.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s)
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property's efficiency, profitability, and productivity
Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Work Hours (may vary by state or location):
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm, and on Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Marketing Representatives must be available to work on weekends when scheduled and must be able to perform the essential job functions unaccompanied.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports. High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing sales. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management applications (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craig?s List, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current valid driver?s license is required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work in an office environment, but also have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle or feel objects, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, and squat. The employee is intermittently required to sit. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Marketing Representatives must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Understanding of Job Essentials:
RangeWater is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. RangeWater is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post-offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.