TEKsystems Remote Oracle EBS Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
TEKsystems is seeking a Remote Oracle EBS Application Support resource for its Anchorage, Alaska based client. This will be a contract to Hire position working typical Alaska business hours.Skills:
Oracle EBS, HCM, Performance Analysis
Knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL
Knowledge of operating systems such as Linux or UNIX.
Purpose of Position: Position with oversight provides technical support, creating, designing, and testing applications for the company’s enterprise-wide systems. Applications supported within the group Include Oracle E-Business Suites.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
70% Responsible for support of enterprise-wide system(s).
• Analysis, testing, and implementation of system modifications, configuration, and vendor patches.
• Analysis and tuning of system performance.
• Determination of on-going needs for hardware and software upgrades
• Creation and maintenance of systems documentation.
• Performance of root cause analysis of production problems and development of both long-term and short-term solutions.
• Participation in project requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation phases as system subject matter experts.
• Providing user training for the system(s)
• Responding to user inquires and requests for analysis.
15% Function as primary IT resource in testing and implementing system changes related to changes in company business processes and responsible for maintaining productive vendor relationships. Resolution of outstanding production issues that stem from faults in vendor system.
• Ensuring vendor compliance with service level agreements.
15% Responsible for application performance management.
• Monitoring performance and availability of applications
• Managing end to end quality user experience
• Working with responsible parties to identify and resolve root cause issues
• Produce metrics and scorecards
Job Qualifications for All Levels in the Position:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to comply with IT industry best practices such as ITIL.
• Ability to discern and resolve the root cause of problems in complex environments
• Ability to analyze impacts of changes on systems and take the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation.
• Familiarity with enterprise-wide systems such as ERP, Billing, Ticketing, Order Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Reporting, etc.
• Knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL and Oracle.
• Knowledge of operating systems such as MS Windows and UNIX.
• Knowledge of IT automation solutions.
• Familiarity with the telecommunications industry (desired)
• Possess knowledge of client/server software environments, database fundamentals, SQL, and reporting tools.
• Ability to test, document, and implement bug fixes and enhancements.
• Knowledgeable of programming languages such as: C, C++, Java, PERL, or Python.
People and Self-Management:
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be capable of building and maintaining good relationships with Users and IT Business Consultants/Analysts, and Project Managers
• Build and maintain relationships with the system vendor to include contributions to contract negotiations, contract monitoring, and conflict resolution.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership and peers. Work to resolve problem relationships.
• Holds self-accountable for results and is self-directed, takes initiative and seeks out opportunities.
• Assesses and accepts risks and learns from mistakes.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.