Actalent Modeling & Simulation Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) is looking for you to join our team as an Infra-Red (IR) Signature Modeling Engineer at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
The TMC is responsible for the development and delivery of high-fidelity threat modeling products in support of Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and MDAs Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The successful candidate must be able to apply standard engineering and mathematical algorithms to ensure the accurate portrayal of expected phenomenology characteristics during a missiles flight. The IR Signature group works closely with other TMC groups such as Targeting and Allocation, Kinematic Trajectory Generation, Missile Modeling, Documentation, and Quality Control. This group also works closely with the TMCs Systems Engineering and Software Development groups, as most of the tools used by the group are developed in-house.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Create/refine IR signature modeling products
· Requirements elicitation from users
· Trouble-shooting products and data
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 2 years of relevant experience or a Masters degree with 0 years of experience. Entry Level Candidates May Also Be Considered!
· Technical understanding of physics, aeronautics, and/or computational fluid dynamics
· Basic knowledge of Python coding
· Demonstrated ability to produce reliable products and documentation within established deadlines
· Self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic team environment
· Current Final DoD Secret clearance (strongly preferred, must obtain by the time of starting)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· Modeling, Simulation, and automation experience
· Strong math, physics and/or engineering experience
· Experience in IR signature modeling
· Previous experience with scripting languages (such as python, bash, or Matlab) and how they can be used to support analysis and plotting of large data sets
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.