Office Depot Retail Solutions Advisor - Meal Break (FT) - KC in Clermont, Florida
At Office Depot Inc., the Meal/ Break Key Carrier is responsible for driving sales and profitability by providing personalized guidance to consumers to help identify and qualify the appropriate technology solution to meet the customer’s needs. This position also serves as the in-store expert for technically related questions and supports sales and marketing activities for all areas within the store.
The Meal/ Break Key Carrier is an individual contributor who provides leadership and work direction with respect to technology sales to associates within a store that do not directly report to this position. An incumbent in this position will be a product expert in technology equipment, peripherals, and services and will keep current on emerging technologies. The position will have a direct impact on technology-related revenue within assigned store. In addition, this position will perform Leader on Duty responsibilities as outlined in the LOD standards.
The Solutions Advisor - Meal/Break Key Carrier will also be a ‘Key Carrier’ for their location and may perform Leader on Duty functions while in the role. All Full-Time Meal/ Break Key Carriers must be able to work a flexible schedule that aligns to business needs, which includes the ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays. In addition, Full-Time Meal/ Break Key Carriesr must be able to perform External Key Carrier responsibilities, which include but are not limited to, opening and closing responsibilities and be scheduled for those respective shifts.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
· Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales Organization
· Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store
· Performs duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets.
· Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
· Trains and coaches new/existing associates on the use of new products and tools and/or selling program.
· Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
· Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of others or in conjunction with other managers. Performing opening and closing responsibilities, including activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system, cash handling, daily store balancing, and other system processes.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.