Robert Half International Senior Accountant in CINCINNATI, Ohio
Close the books and prepare monthly financial statements for assigned properties.
o Book adjusting journal entries as needed, including depreciation & amortization expense.
o Prepare monthly bank reconciliations. Investigate any reconciling items.
o Prepare workpapers in a timely manner for Controller to review.
o Explain budget variances for general and administrative expenses.
• Responsible for maintaining administration entities including internal Management Company and “Parent Companies” for ownership rollups.
• Prepare quarterly balance sheet general ledger account reconciliations.
o Verify subledgers tie to general ledger accounts.
o Review S/L rent calculations for correctness, and reconcile to g/l.
o True up fixed assets and accumulated depreciation to fixed asset software.
o Validate and explain all other balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare internal fee invoices. Includes creating invoices, posting A/R & A/P side, and paying invoices when cash is available.
• Perform Treasury Management Functions.
o Monitor cash balances. Verifying there is enough cash to pay bills. Make recommendations for short term cash flow needs.
o Submit wires/ACHs as needed, following treasury protocols and maintaining controls.
o Submitting positive pay reports to banks. Reviewing, investigating, and approving any exceptions.
• Completing monthly loan draws when applicable.
• Assist the Controller and VP of Asset Management with any special projects.
• Review accounting work performed by 3rd party accountants (Adams Bridge)
• Administrator for Harvest Time Tracking software
o Make sure all users submit their monthly time.
o Manage users.
o Create monthly invoices and ad hoc reporting.
• Bill tenants rent through monthly Rent up & Tenant Statements.
• Assist with training of new accountants.
• Job Cost Accounting
o Review job cost codes for accuracy, project budgets.
o Work with Construction team and Controller to develop Job Cost reporting and accounting policies.
o Assist Construction and Development teams with any special projects.
• Create/update job cost forecasting to better understand total costs compared to budget/proformas
• 5+ years experience in an Accounting role handling functions including month end close, posting journal entries, and reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance or relative experience.
• 3+ years experience in Development/Construction/Property accounting.
o Must have Job Cost experience in MRI (or similar) ERP system
o Must have a strong knowledge of AIA documents/pay applications/construction contracts and draws.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must work well with others and be willing to collaborate.
• Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and in a professional manner. Be willing to give, as well as receive feedback and constructive criticism.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience in MRI or something similar is preferred.
For immediate consideration please contact Jarrod Moon at (513)620-4158
Requirements - Strong time management skills preferred
3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
Earlier work involving journal entries
Well-founded grasp of budget forecasting
Practical knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
Commercial real estate experience
Wide ranging experience with general ledger
Proven knowledge of Corporate Real Estate
Foundational knowledge in Month-end Journal Entries
Previous experience working with General Journal
General familiarity with budget forecasting
Good understanding of Journal Entry
Strong familiarity with Month-end Financial
Solid understanding of month end closings
Quality experience with Accounts Receivable (AR)
Command of Month-end Close Activities
Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
Corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems experience a plus
Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
ERP system experience
BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.