SMG Tennis Instructor - McFetridge Sports Center in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Tennis Instructor -- P/T Hourly
REPORTS TO: Tennis Coordinator
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Tennis Instructor at the McFetridge Sports Center. The Tennis Instructor is responsible for assisting and/or running beginner and intermediate tennis lessons at the McFetridge Sports Center.
Include the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Instruct both group and private tennis with knowledge of the basic tennis skills and terminology.
- Utilize available tennis equipment to maximize the development of basic tennis strokes in small and large group lessons.
- Notify Tennis Coordinator of any equipment repairs needed and maintenance of courts.
- Provide a safe and fun environment that promotes enjoying the sport for exercise and fun.
Position requires ability to:
- Maintain an overall positive attitude with clients, patrons, staff members, and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur, including working as a team member to help cover classes schedules
- Ability to follow lesson plans
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time while on the court
Applicant should have previous tennis instruction experience. Ability to teach fundamental tennis skills to children 4 to 18 years old and adults of various skill levels. Applicant would have to be available week day evenings and Saturday mornings. USTA and/or PTR certification is required.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled