SMG Seasonal Event Staff in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Seasonal Event Staff -- P/T --Hourly --Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Operations Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for an event department staff member at Soldier Field. The Seasonal Event Staff member will provide assistance to stadium staff to support in the planning, organization and execution of events at Soldier Field. This is an opportunity to gain valuable event and operations experience while working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would be able to perform the following duties:
Includes the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Ability to take direction from staff to oversee several aspects of facility operations related to events.
- Attending appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings when required.
- Creating event paperwork, monitoring event set-up, and supervising day of event operations.
- Serves as manager on duty for designated / assigned events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and related duties.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with a variety of clients and patrons.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions. Hours will include all weekends and work week will likely be Wednesday-Sunday.
- A valid driver's license is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work outdoors as required by the event. The individual must have the physical ability to maneuver around the facility, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled