Northwestern University Post Doctoral Fellow (Trainee) in Chicago, Illinois
The primary focus of the Horiuchi lab is to study the mechanisms of tumor progression in breast cancer and to identify novel targeted treatment strategies. We are particularly interested in understanding the cellular events that influence clinical outcomes in patients with triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). We are currently focused on (1) preclinical validation of our lab-identified targeted therapeutic strategies and their translation to early stage clinical testing, and (2) understanding the mechanisms by which an immunosuppressive TNBC microenvironment is generated and maintained (with emphasis on T cell biology).
*Specific Responsibilities: *
- Rodent animal models (e.g., transgenic/syngeneic/PDX)
- Experiments involving nucleic acid/protein handling, molecular cloning, gene expression/silencing/editing, cell culture, flow cytometry, and fluorescence microscopy (confocal).
- Statistical analysis and data interpretation
- Grant/research proposal preparation, writing research manuscripts
- Providing mentoring to junior lab members when needed
*Minimum Qualifications: *
- Ph.D. and /or Pharm. D or M.D. degree.
- Written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills, ability to work as a team.
- A solid working knowledge of molecular & cell biology techniques including but not limited to nucleic acid/protein handling, molecular cloning, gene expression/silencing/editing, cell culture, flow cytometry, and fluorescence microscopy (confocal)
- Prior in-depth training in cancer research involving rodent animal models (e.g., transgenic/syngeneic/PDX).
- A solid understanding of fundamental statistical analysis methods.
- Knowledge in bioinformatics or computational biology
- An advanced training in immunology (with emphasis on T/NK cell biology).
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33069
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Post Doctoral Fellow (Trainee)