SMG Gymnastics Instructor - Morgan Park Sports Center in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Gymnastics Instructor -- P/T Hourly
REPORTS TO: Gymnastics Coordinator
Summary: Under direct supervision, the Gymnastics Instructor provides group gymnastics instruction, monitors, and educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate and effective gymnastics skills and lessons
- Instructs patrons on appropriate gymnastics methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises as needed
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive gymnastics experience for members and class participants
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and department and facility policies are adhered to
- Implements and regulates the facilities' policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required by Gymnastics Coordinator and Facility Manager
Qualifications: The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification, Certified Instructor (USAG) or equivalent. Additional specialty/certifications preferred. Have working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles. Have working knowledge of gymnastics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, technique, and rhythm. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants. Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit for long hours and work with various types of gymnastics equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or spot up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must aide or assist participants.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled