SMG Counter in Chicago, Illinois
Position Type: Union
Reports To: Stand Lead / Restaurant Manager
Position Objective: Responsible for providing fast, efficient and friendly service at all times, while keeping within the theme of our concepts. A counter server must have full working knowledge of all menu items being served at their assigned area. The counter server needs to be able to communicate with the cooks and other counters or leads to quickly and efficiently process a guest's order.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and effectively communicate SAVOR / SMG concepts, our philosophies and be able to relate it to our guests.
- Have your area set up and ready to go prior to the starting times. Make sure all equipment is turned on and achieving proper temperatures.
- All customers, both internal and external, should be greeted with a warm, courteous manner and with a smile.
- Keep work areas clean, neat, dry and organized at all times.
- Always act and speak in a professional manner.
- Be able to work in any location.
- Ensure that hot food is hot, and cold food is cold.
- Use proper utensils and equipment when preparing menu items.
- Maintain proper cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Always thank the guest.
- Accepting tips is expressly prohibited and as a result, tip money should never be accepted.
- Personal belongings such as but not limited to purse, wallet, change purse, calculator and or gym bag may not be brought to the workstation. The only exception is a transparent purse issued by the linen room.
- At end of shift, ensure that area is clean and prepared for next shift.
- Must be flexible with scheduling, have a sense of urgency, develop rapport with customers, multi-task, sharp with a professional personality.
- Lifts and transports service trays weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand in one location for entire shift.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stoops, bend and cleans to maintain service area.
- Understanding and ability to speak English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (i.e. GED)
- Some experience working within a restaurant location
- Must have food handling certificate
Hourly Rate: $21.45
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled