Wells Fargo Control Officer - CIB Operations RCSA Lead in Charlotte, North Carolina
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application. At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Control Team is responsible for the implementation and management of the First Line of Defense risk program requirements. This position resides within the Operations & COO Business Control team and will collaborate with the business control aligned coverage across Global Operations (B-D, FX, Prime Services, Middle Office, Shared Services, International, PMO and Process Review) as well as COO teams for Shared Services and Infrastructure.
This role will work across all coverage areas with responsibility for RCSA execution and strategy. Additional responsibilities will include leading RCSA workshops and collaborating with teams responsible for execution of various RCSA workshop requirements. As part of the business control team, the role will support business leadership and COO teams to design and implement first line controls with respect to a variety of regulatory requirements, Wells Fargo policies and industry best practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead strategy and execution for risk framework implementations such as the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Enterprise Risk Identification & Assessment (ERIA) across Operations and COO organizations
• Partner with the across the global operations control team to provide status update and reporting specific to execution progress, issues and items for attention
• Establish and maintain the pipeline of RCSA, ERIA and other risk program requirements, approvals, change request and related communications
• Collaborate with Line of Business (LOB) partners on control design, implementation and monitoring
• Ensure appropriate connectivity, linkage, and integration with in-region international risk management teams
• Partner with business control managers and the business to maintain the business process inventory
• Ensure RCSA and related risk program profiles, rationales, ratings, etc. are maintained
• Awareness and involvement in regulatory change control, and alignment of related controls
• Contribute to governance routines and management reporting leveraging RCSA data
• Partner with business control managers to action risk and control exceptions identified in the RCSA and related issues management reporting requirements
IMPORTANT: The position will start remotely, however candidates will be expected to return to a HUB location, listed in the posting, or need be within a 40 mile commutable distance at a future date. Please note: This role is not open to telecommute long term.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
Other Desired Qualifications
• Prior experience in an operations role, with understanding of operations and operations technology
• Direct experience with Operational risk frameworks, the RCSA, issues management and related control programs
• Prior experience in a business control, audit or compliance role with focus on control design and evaluation
• Prior experience with root cause assessment and record of accomplishment for defining mitigating corrective actions
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5604897-2
Updated: 2021-10-27 00:32:41.628 UTC