Retail Data LLC DC - Part-Time Data Collector in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Description: Part-Tme Data Collector
Do you enjoy shopping at large retail stores? Do you appreciate competitive prices and watch for sales on your favorite items? Would you like to make some extra money while getting out into the field? If you do, become part of our world class team which collects competitive pricing data which is used in determining stores' pricing strategies!
About The Job:
We are currently hiring Data Collectors across the country. This position allows you to complete fulfilling work in grocery stores, pharmacies, mass merchants and more. Data Collectors are the core of our business and, using company-provided equipment, obtain the competitive pricing information our clients rely on to make informed and effective pricing decisions.
About Our Company:
RetailData, LLC delivers retail intelligence via competitive multi-channel retail pricing audits, allowing our clients to make more strategic decisions on pricing. Our accurate, timely, cost-effective, and actionable information produces a superior return on our clients' information investment. RetailData, LLC has met the requirements for our expanding client base since 1988.
This Position Offers:
- Competitive pay: The first 50 hours you will be paid an hourly rate as you are being trained to collect data using our hand-held devices. After the first 50 hours Data Collectors transition to piece rate which pays per data point collected. This is simply a comp structure to allow productive Data Collectors the ability to earn more money based on their effort. We realize that learning is a curve and doesn't happen in a day; therefore, we provide you financial support as you move through our training program to ensure you can be financially successful as you continue to expand your knowledge of the position/job types and build your collection speed. After 260 hours you will transition out of our training program and be on the same piece rate as your peer Data Collectors in the market. Data Collectors can earn on average $16-$19/hr or more dependent upon one's collection speed.
- Paid drive time and reimbursement of mileage
- Optimized work schedules with a flexible start time to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- Freedom to work independently
- Opportunities for growth within the Company
- Recognition Program for top performers
- 401(k) after 750 hours and 6 months of service completed
- Employee stock purchase after 1st year of employment
- Uses company-provided handheld data collection devices to record product unique codes, accurately enter unique price(s), and appropriate attributes based on individual client collection criteria.
- Downloads lists(s) required for collection based on the type of data collection equipment and audit type.
- Transmits data collected on day of collection, with accurate work date, store time and drive time.
- Utilizes web-based Field Portal to check work schedule and verify successful transmission(s).
- Responsible for assisting on any job assigned, including but not limited to: Undirected Category checks and full books, Directed Item Lists, Lapel Checks (Undirected and Directed), CPG and PSV checks.
- Responsible for the timely taking and passing of the Data Collector Certification Test(s) in order to be eligible for continued employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid unsuspended driver's license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance required.
- Must be able to work 15-25 hours per week.
- Must have flexibility throughout the week to accommodate the optimized schedule.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who likes to work independently and enjoys a challenge.
- Prior experience in grocery, retail, merchandising, inventory, undercover price checks or gathering specific information where your identity and purpose is generally unknown to the retailer is highly desirable.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to bend, kneel, reach, stretch, squat and have the ability to move heavy items to access Universal Product Code numbers while standing on your feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to use data collection equipment.
- May be exposed to extremely cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled