Comcast Technician 2, Video Operations in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the end-to-end of lifecycle of content via the video and IP asset delivery platform and ensuring a world-class level of service. Reviews and processes digital video assets, as well as, oversees the upload and transcode operations of such assets using prescribed tools and CMS (Content Management System). Successfully prepares all media and metadata, verifying incoming content and confirming receipt of content from the provider. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Ensures that all content is published in production within service level agreement.
- Verifies media and metadata are error-free. Works with content provider to resolve errors.
- Detects and fixes missing metadata to ensure proper placement and display of video across platforms.
- Verifies that all media and metadata follows the current specifications.
- Receives and processes media and metadata from content providers.
- Supports coordinators, ensuring that issues they identify are being resolved.
- Audits partner delivery (compare pitch list vs. received).
- Uses daily metrics report to react to and improve upon content partner or delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains content partner relationships with their peers.
- Troubleshoots or escalates issues that occur within the Video
Operations value chain.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer