YMCA of Greater Rochester Facility Monitor in Canandaigua, New York
Canandaigua, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32+N.+Main+St.+Canandaigua+NY+USA+14424) • Sands Family YMCA
Rate of pay: $15.45per hour, Free YMCA Membership, and a $125 Signing Bonus
Under the supervision of the Membership Director, the Facility Monitor is responsible for ensuring that member’s safety and safe facility operations. The Facility Monitor is responsible for supporting the member service center, Wellness Center, and facility maintenance staff in regard to policy enforcement. Regular rounds and inspection of the facility and its equipment are to be made on a consistent basis, with needs attended to or reported as needed. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values at the YMCA of Greater Rochester are conveyed.
• Provide superior high touch service to YMCA members, program participants, and the general public.
• Enthusiastically greet all individuals that come into the YMCA. Assist members, program participants, and general public as needed.
• Be knowledgeable and proficient in all procedures for programs, special events, facility hours, membership, key staff, and emergency procedures.
• Handle emergencies as they arise in a prompt and professional manner.
• Continuously rotate throughout the facility to ensure member safety and facility operations.
• Ensure the proper doors are locked and secure during shift.
• Conduct all building closing procedures as instructed.
• Report or repair any potentially hazardous facility conditions.
• Complete proper documentation of incidents.
• Assist with facility access and answering phones during peak periods.
• Assist to membership retention by maintaining a high standard of facility cleanliness.
• Attend all required training, meetings and events.
• All other duties as assigned
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
Possess strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must be organized and alert when making decisions in the event of an emergency.
Must be able to deal with high pressure situations in a calm and courteous manner.
CPR/AED and First Aid certifications are required or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
• Ability to remain standing and moving for extended periods of time.
• Mobility within the building including movement from floor to floor and outside the building.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• May handle human body fluids and chemicals as part of the daily operational duties.
$15.45 per hour